Need a marketing workshop for your members, clients or staff?

Friday

Plumbers Taps...

It may not be entirely coincidental that the title of this post occurs as my kitchen is being re-fitted! And how did this builder get my work? Because he asked for one of my free Marketing Healthchecks and in doing so marketed himself to me!

This is just one example of the fact that stepping out of your normal routine to try something different often results in work... a local website designer was quite astonished when the inserted flyers he put into a local fete programme actually yielded new clients.

Yes, well that's the joy of marketing, if you put your head above the parapet someone might just spot you at a time they need you. And you need not spend a fortune you just need to be innovative.

And whilst we are talking about stepping out of your normal routine could I just ask you to actually earmark some time to take a fresh look at your processes, your marketing resources, and indeed your offer?

The snow earlier this year forced me develop two new workshops(rather than go stir crazy) that have since been taken up by local organisations and the third sector. A new mobile phone number has prompted me to talk to a graphics design company to re-do my business card (which I still thought of as "new" but was actually done at the end of 2008). This in turn gives me an excuse to promote not only my blog but also a new social networking initiative which is shortly to be launched.

Many of you will have heard me say it before - if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you always got. Please - don't let your business, or your marketing materials stagnate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, please leave one!