Need a marketing workshop for your members, clients or staff?

Thursday

Marketing Pearls of Wisdom 3 – dead badgers…

When website designer Eddie Rich initially relayed a story about having seen a dead badger and asked the Basingstoke4Breakfast group to point out to him any websites that could be thought of as dead badgers, we all understood what he was talking about.

But I little knew that I was about to enter the dark underworld of subliminal marketing.

I don’t want to take any credit away from Eddie. but I suspect he didn’t realise exactly what this would do long term. Actually his networking 60 seconds on this topic have certainly stayed with me to such an extent that having NEVER seen a dead badger in all my 21 years (oh ok!) I have seen not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 in the past few weeks!

Now I’m fairly sure Mr Rich has not been out there doing away with them but what he has done is to strongly connect something with his business offering. Because every time I see a dead badger I think of Eddie, (sorry Eddie!) and I think of how his website service will transform other good for nothing websites.

In terms of keeping his offering uppermost in the mind of a busy person that is sheer genius…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, please leave one!